HOLCIM SLOVENSKO, A.S., ROHOŽNÍK – RECONSTRUCTION OF A CEMENT SILOIn October / November 2014 a complete reconstruction of a 55 m high product silo took place.
The scope of activities carried out on the silo are as follows:
- Mechanical cleaning of damaged parts;
- High pressure water jet cleaning of the outer silo surfaces (1200 Bar);
- Repairing, completing the missing parts and passivation of damaged reinforcement;
- Closing the cracks;
- Concrete remediation on the outer surfaces of the silo;
- Smoothing the outer surface on the silo
- Application of a protective coating on an outer surface of the silo.
Repair works also comprised a comprehensive testing plan which included regular random sampling and evaluation of strength of reconstruction materials, checking the strength of subconcrete, checking the cleaning of concrete reinforcements and provision of supplementary profiles by a welding engineer, checking the material installation by application engineers, accepting the individual work stages in person by the investor, pullout bond strength tests of reconstruction and coating systems and many more.